Monday, June 21, 2010

fun find | ethnic markets

Ethnic markets can sometimes be a conscious pet feeder's best friend (especially if you feed raw!)

A mere 6 blocks from my door is an Asian market that sells a plethora of fantastically fun items that I like to eat, and some that I can feed my dogs. No where else can I find CHEAP fresh, frozen prawns, frozen anchovies and frozen duck necks!

I've started to utilize everything I've learned about my dogs and their nutritional needs - and I'm finding things that maybe a few years ago I would have never fed that I do now.

For example : Dried, lightly salted fish snacks


It's actually a fairly large bag and would last a while as a once in a while snack (due to salt content)


And they don't smell that bad, but just enough to entice the dogs


(p.s. this is the last pic you will see of Vander the pibble sampling my food discoveries. He got adopted!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment