Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shop at Petsmart?

I was on a mission last week to find decent treats and/or chews at Petsmart.

I don't know why the disconnect - but of the chain stores, it seems that Petco has embraced more of the natural/grain free way of feeding dogs and cats when compared to Petsmart.
(where natural means less corn, wheat, soy, salt, corn syrup, etc)

I find, however, you'll always win at a local specialty dog boutique. But, if all you can find is a Petsmart - here are two suggestions.

1. Treat - So Natural Bison. Made in the USA
Ingredients: Bison Recipe: Barley, bison, oat flour, peas, rye, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), cranberry, carrots, apples, tomato pomace, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress.



2. Chew - Health Smart Dog
They were almost identical to Health Bones/Berry, but smaller. Here's a link to the ingredients - our dogs enjoyed both the super berry & the pumpkin/carrot.


1 comment:

  1. I buy my dog's food at a small, local store (gotta support the little guys; they have great show supplies like dumbbells, etc.), but it's nice that PetCo has decent stuff to feed if I needed a bag in a pinch.

    Can't say there's any food at PetSmart that I would give my dog or my cats unless I was REALLY desperate.

    ReplyDelete